Monday, October 1, 2007

My last email to the clan!

Hi friends and family!

Well, it has been a while since I have emailed. But I figured since before I moved I sent out a thousand emails I would hold off for a bit. Well, life has been crazy here in SF! It is a world all to itself. I have never experienced a place quite like it. It is the most beautiful city, with a ton to do and a ton of people to meet, but at the same time it is one of the most Godless cities I think in the world.

I have realized that people here unlike anywhere else do not have religion at all. It is a place where people truly believe in ideas like the big bang, or that at the end of our lives that is it. Well, it has been challenging in that regard, but at the same time it challenges me to live my life according to a verse I hold close to me. Act 17:6. It says(paraphrased) "when Paul and Silas turned the rest of the world upside down and now they are here disturbing our city" This verse has never rung more true or close to home in my life.

At work, people know me as the weird Christian but at the same time they continually let me know that they appreciate my attitude and zest for life. So it is neat to be able to be shining without trying. I think there are little things that make me stand out and it allows people to feel comfortable to come and talk to me. I have already had over 5 people come ask me questions about my faith, why I am how I am, and why it is that I believe the way I do. It is amazing! So that is the part I love about living in the city. It is challenging me to be a more aware Christian of who and why I consider myself a believer.

As for a church! I have found a great church that is so different than anything I am used too, but at the same time is very similar to Mariners in many ways. The pastor (Fred Harrell) is an anointed speaker, the worship is all hymns and it is unique and freeing to read a sinners prayer and the Apostles Creed as a community. I am meeting a bunch of people, I am finally in a small group and I can easily call this place my church home.

There is a link on my blog to the church, so check it out!

"WAIT DID KURIAN SAY BLOG?" Why yes I did! I now have joined the bloggers world! (http://kuriansworld.blogspot.com/) I think I am really going to enjoy this. I feel like it will be a good way to keep you all informed without inundating your inbox with my emails. So please go onto the blog and register. It is on the right side and that way you will be able to stay up with all that's happening. Thank you my friends and family for loving me through this journey and for continually praying for me. I love you all and I can't imagine doing this journey with out each of you. On my blog you will see specific prayer requests, but just in case you cant get there I will continue to send them via email if there is an urgent one!

So please email me with whats up in your life and if you can your home addresses! I need them for something special I will be sending in the next couple of weeks!

Love you guys!

Mark

1 comment:

Don said...

Well Mark. Always great to hear what is going on.

donkerr